34.5 miles solo or in teams of 2 or 3
Kayak 6 miles + Run 10 miles + Swim 1/2 mile + Bike 18 miles
Event begins at sunrise at the Isle of Palms Marina.
- Kayak 3 miles up the Intracoastal Waterway to the south end of Dewees Island.
- Run 2 miles over Dewees Island.
- Swim 1/4 mile across inlet to Capers Island
- Run 3 miles over Caper's 'boneyard' beach
- Reach checkpoint, turn around
- Repeat course in the opposite direction until reaching Isle of Palms Marina
- Bike 18 miles across the Breach Inlet bridge to Sullivans Island
- Return to the finish line at the Isle of Palms Marina.
Note: Each team member is required to complete the course in its entirety
1st relay partner
2nd relay member
- Enjoy a scenic ferry at sunrise to the checkpoint on Capers Island to wait for partner.
- Complete the same course as described above in reverse direction after being tagged by 1st relay member.
- Rendezvous with partner at Isle of Palms Marina to begin a 15 mile bike ride together across the Breach Inlet bridge to Sullivan’s Island and back again.